CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST(Research Supervisor)
CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Purpose: To identify an appropriate research supervisor(s) who can
- Mentor 10 students from Global Liberalism Fellowship course offered at Panna Online School
- Provide individual feedbacks for 10 students
- Proofread 10 research essays for publication
- Check plagiarism for 10 essays
The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom in Myanmar (FNF Myanmar) collaborates with Panna Online School to encourage research practice and to promote liberal values in Myanmar.
FNF Myanmar and Panna Online School will select 10 Myanmar students to train them for research and support them in their writing for three months.
At the end of the project, it is expected that these research essays are ready for publication.
- To strengthen research capacity among Myanmar students
- To promote research-based practice or informed analysis on politics among Myanmar students
- To enlighten the strategies/ mechanisms based upon liberal values and principles as means to alleviate or (even) resolve contemporary issues in Myanmar No. 35 Corner of Mindama and Kyaik Wine Pagoda Road, Mayangone Township, Yangon, Myanmar.
3) Specific Output Ten research papers written by Myanmar students, addressing liberal values/ mechanisms/ principles as a means to resolve contemporary issues in Myanmar
4) The major role of the research supervisor To implement this project, FNF Myanmar is seeking a research supervisor, who can mentor students enrolled in Global Liberalism Fellowship 2020 for their essays. The research supervisor is responsible to mentor the students throughout the project period October – December, meeting individuals three times, providing concrete feedbacks upon their content and writing, proofreading the essays and checking plagiarism for their final papers.
5) Research Supervisor’s Competencies Interested candidates will have to demonstrate that they have capacities and experience indicating that they are qualified to provide the service. Candidates will have wider knowledge in research and liberalism.
- Advanced knowledge on research methodologies, liberalism and politics.
- Advanced scholarly experience conducting research.
- Proven conceptual, research and analytical skills.
- Experience working with students is preferred but not required.
6) Timeline It is expected that the research supervisor would meet students on zoom three times, providing feedbacks and advice for the content, from October till December 2020. At the end of the final submission, it is the research supervisor’s responsibility to check plagiarism and proofread the essays.
7) Consultancy Fee – Commensurable upon experience. The consultancy fees will be divided in three payments: 30% will be paid in the first and second installments and 40% at the end of the project.
8) Application Interested candidates should send their proposal to Than Naing Aung via email@example.com by July 23 2020 to include the followings:
- CV, listing your educational qualifications as well as your relevant experience
- A cover letter expressing your interest, detailing your consultancy fees per hour and per day Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.